A former senior operations manager turned passionate traveler who pays the bills by writing high converting direct response copy and developing marketing strategy for brands. I fancy the term Customer Experience Architect because it’s probably the most succinct explanation of what I do.
I’m Jamaican by birth but a citizen of the world. Travel and words are my two first loves.
4+ Years experience writing copy for marketing campaigns both independently and as an agency contractor for brands across the globe.
4+ Years marketing experience spanning retail, publishing and consulting for small businesses.
10+ Years of experience in customer support from the entry-level to senior management.
3+ Years experience managing teams and projects.
Copywriter | Aug 2018 – Present
Craft copy for lead generation and marketing campaigns for clients.
– Email Drips & Newsletters
– Landing Pages
– Value propositions
– Website copy
– FB & Google ads
Jan 2015 – Present
Write copy for a variety of marketing campaigns for brands across the globe including app developers, the hospitality and travel industry, insurance companies, home service providers, toy manufacturers, and retail brands.
Senior Manager – Employee Engagement | Nov 2016 – Apr 2018
- Managed the site Employee Engagement Programme which involves:
- Rewards & Recognition – Implemented a site-wide R&R programme with employee perks
- Employee Wellness – Negotiated gym membership discounts & periodic free wellness fairs for employees
- Community Outreach/Involvement – Spearheaded partnership with Portmore Lions Club and local school which resulted in press mention for the IBEX brand.
- Collaborated with Facilities department in negotiating vendor contracts and handling vendor relationships.
- Negotiated additional employee benefits and discounts with external entities.
- Coordinated and execute plans for all client visits
- Oversaw the execution of all branding initiatives across the site (included managing vendor relations)
Senior Operations Manager | Nov 2015 – Nov 2016
Launch [Operations Manager]:
• Instrumental in the startup phase of the company:
– Part of core team that engaged in focus group discussions to secure first client
– Conducted hiring interviews for all supervisors and agents to staff the programme for wave 1
• Oversight of 100 agents and 5 supervisors at launch
Post-Launch [Senior Operations Manager]:
- Managed a sales programme of 300+ agents, 21 supervisors, 4 Operations Managers
- Improved site performance in key client metrics – attendance, revenue, sales units and customer experience:
- Reduced absenteeism month over month from 20% to 9.95%
- Improved revenue and sales attainment month over month to a high of 110% on revenue and over 90% on other key sales metrics
- Took site’s rank from #29 of 29 to #2 of 54 in 4 months
- Established ‘BGIX Store’ – incentive programme that allowed agents to spend their ‘sales dollars’ on items that actually mattered to them, thereby improving performance. (Result of focus group discussions with agents.)
Publishing Manager | Oct 2014 – Nov 2015
- Managed the publishing division of Whirlwind Entertainment which entailed:
- Evaluating manuscripts and making editorial decisions regarding them.
- Reviewing copy and press releases relevant to all Whirlwind brands.
- Planning and promoting book launches and signings.
- Spearheaded marketing and PR for all Whirlwind brands, which included:
- Leading a team through the successful South Florida staging of Basil Dawkins’ DIVORCE PAPERS, starring Oliver Samuels (Planning, coordination, marketing, sponsorship).
- Managing social media for all projects that the Whirlwind Group undertook.
- Writing, producing and proofreading promotional material.
- Implemented email newsletter and oversaw the ongoing development of regular newsletter updates
Publishing Sales & Marketing Consultant | May 2014 – Oct 2014
- Reviewed copy and press releases relevant to all Whirlwind brands.
- Managed social media for all projects that the Whirlwind Group undertook.
- Provided marketing support to other Marketing areas within the Whirlwind Group when required.
Retail Manager: Cosmetics Department & Gift Shop | Jan – Oct 2014
- Managed procurement and inventory for both departments
- Developed and implemented strategies to increase sales (through social media and in-store advertising).
- Introduced in-store gift cards integrated into the POS system for easy tracking & management.
- Initiated customer service training for staff in the cosmetics department & gift shop.
Customer Service Consultant | Jan 2013 – Jan 2014
- Provided phone support for both French-speaking and English-speaking Canadian customers, assisting them with issues concerning their electronic devices and appliances.